Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The abundant RV life

So I'm guessing we're in the Honeymoon stage, but so far there is nothing about RVing that I don't love. 
Let me catch you guys up. 
Right before we left for the Rock Boat, some very generous friends of ours told us we could borrow their luxurious 40 ft RV for our next March-April tour. So here we are; 5 days into the living-on-tour-in-an-RV life dream. And I love it. 
We left Thursday night after spending 3 days living in our good friend's driveway, moving in, stocking and learning how to work this new piece of machinery.It was a bit intimidating at first. But we found our groove just in time. Thursday afternoon, the band moved in. 
And then we were off. 5 men, 2 boys, 1 baby and me. 
Surprisingly, there is more room than you think! We have a small portable pack n play that fits perfectly in the back closet. We put a baby gate to hold the door open and voila, a perfect little nook for baby. Not too mention, the sounds and jolts of the back room, although terrifying at first, are actually quite lulling when you want to sleep. So it works well! That back bedroom has a king-sized bed and enough room for a blowup mattress when it's slide out. It also closes off for privacy, double barricaded. 
While traveling late, me and my boys fall asleep in the back bed all snuggled together, with Baby Johnny close by in the crib-in-the-closet. Sounds crazy out loud, but it's genius -I'm telling you.
When we stop for the night, Mark slides the RV open to full capacity and puts the stakes down. He turns the dinette table into a bed just perfect sized for our little 8 and 6 year old to snuggle in and then moves our sleeping angels in to it. They don't even stir. Mark gently whispers to me to wake up and we get to work blowing up the queen-sized mattress for the couch bed and the twin mattress for the back bedroom floor. Once the living area has officially been converted into a second bedroom, Mark brings the sleeping baby out of the closet and nestles his pack n play right by our bed and the boys. The band moves to the back bedroom and sleeps 3 across the king bed and 1 on the blow up mattress. 
Done. 
It's actually easier than moving into a hotel room, in my opinion. 
Traveling by day is a snap too. I was afraid my kids would be bouncing off the walls, being stuck in a car all day. But this is no car. This is a home on wheels. They have the back bed to spread out all their toys and go to town. We also have xbox and playstation set up on the tv back there so they have plenty of game and movie options. We use the dinette table for drawing time and home-school in the mornings. The boys can also sit up front on the couches and watch the scenery go by, read, play their DS, talk to the guys, snuggle with mommy or sometimes when they are really lucky, they get to co-pilot for Daddy. That is their favorite.
Sometimes we boon-dock at Walmart's  Sometimes we know kind, generous people who let us park in their front yard. 
Today we are parked at a really amazing home, with a very kind family. There is even RV hook-ups in the driveway!
Right now I'm in the RV while the baby naps. My feet are up. I'm reclining in an easy chair with the door open. A Texas spring breeze is tickling my nose and the happy sounds of my boys playing in a heated pool is warming my heart.
I am living, abundantly. Thank you Jesus.
"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever." Philippians 4:19-20


18-20 And now I have it all—and keep getting more! The gifts you sent with Epaphroditus were more than enough, like a sweet-smelling sacrifice roasting on the altar, filling the air with fragrance, pleasing God no end. You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Our God and Father abounds in glory that just pours out into eternity. Yes. 

Philippians 4:19-20

The Message (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment